Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Linear Connect. The Social Network.


"Your subtleties, They strangle me, I can't explain myself at all.' -The All American Rejects

This is...modern, in the real, true, evocative, universal sense.

Very different from the definitive one, perhaps, but a construct that most people born around the same time or after me will recognize and appreciate.

Its..new, and new has its own, expensive charm. All that glitters is gold.

This reminds me of Samara's video, like a leap forward. Like an old film revamped and gone digital.

Keeping up with the times, art is.


"I need to show you, before it fades,
I think I'll be brave,
Starting with you.
I'd rather be wrong,
Than hope that I'm right.'

-Tawgs Salter

And this may sound less than true, but somewhere deep inside of me, there is something inside of me that is inherently averse to a hand-in-hand life.

That said, I try to be brave in my own way. Half the time, I'm trying to fix things in my head before they happen. And so, I don't let them.

Does this seem like an excuse for my reticence?

I don't care.

Because.

"I believe life's too short for compromises and bad fitting jeans."

-Lykke Li

Sometimes, you got to speak in cliches when you're talking to the crowd.




There is a hill top church on an island in Goa called Our Lady Of Compassion.

A small part of my memories are all there, nothing incredible, but they're something I wouldn't give back.

I suppose I can hang a vault of stars over my head any night, and I'll always go back there for a while.

I want you to see how I grew up, why I'm different from you. And sometimes, I need that. The knowing.

I need to know that I can see past the pace, past the chase. That in a good old goan sense, some part of me is still susegad. And naive. And idealistic. And distant.

Its kind of wonderful, having a different sky to go back to. Doesn't matter which place you are.

I've always been in awe of things that endure.
And its reassuring to sometimes be reminded that for some people, I do too.

"And when all of this is gone, who would you rather be, the Beatles or the Rolling Stones?"

-Metric

No comments:

Post a Comment